I am overdue for a post, but I am not sorry because I have been making my workouts a priority!
I’ve successfully kept up my 5 day workouts for the past couple of weeks, and I am quite devoted. I even insisted on going to the gym after work on Valentine’s Day, so I could get my workout in. I just showered at the gym and went to dinner from there.
I’m done not making my health a priority. I deserve this and I know I can do it. I’m also practicing moderation with my diet. Letting myself enjoy certain things maybe once a week, but also keeping in mind to eat healthy a majority of the time.
I’ve been able to do about 2 days of strength training with at least 3 days of cardio. I think it’s really helping. My main exercises on strength is high bar squats and deadlifts, with various arm and core exercises. I am noticing steady weight loss and I can’t wait to see where I am in a few months!
Anyways, of course there are days when I just don’t want to work out. So what I do to avoid letting myself talk myself out of going to the gym is just driving to the gym right after work. I have to say it has been working. Once I’m there I just have to do it. Half the battle is taking away the decision making. I leave the house everyday with my gym bag in tow, and eliminate that effort needed to make a decision to either go or not go.
But it’s not to say I don’t struggle through my workouts some days. I literally have to take it minute by minute.
As I was doing a workout, I became aware of the type of thoughts I was having, and I thought it would be entertaining to write a post about it. So here are some of my thoughts from my workouts. I hope you find my struggle comedic. I did.
For a treadmill workout…
- Bitch took my treadmill.
- I guess this treadmill is fine… Not as close to the sanitary wipes but whatever…
- Okay, I get to walk for 5 minutes before I have to start running.
- Let’s get some Family Guy on the tv here…
- God this warm up is taking forever. How am I going to get through 40 minutes of this?
- Crap only 1 minute until I start running!
- Okay, here we go… it’s not too bad… Yeah, I can do this!
- Oh god I’m only 25 seconds in! I’m dying!
- Woo, I did it. Walk it off. Oh god only 40 seconds before I go again…
- OMG I have to go again.
- I am dying.
- Last minute of running! Push through it! Then it’s just cool down.
- COOL DOWN…
- I could go another 5 minutes…
- Yes, I did it! That wasn’t so bad. I could do another half hour…
- That’s right, I’m a runner y’all. Watch out!
- I don’t have to do this again until tomorrow.
- Thank. God.
For strength training…
- Let’s find an area away from the muscle heads…
- Ugh, it’s crowded. Don’t make eye contact. Don’t make eye contact.
- Pretend like you know what you’re doing.
- Of course you know what you’re doing!
- I don’t know what I’m doing.
- Yes! The high bar area just opened up!
- Let me put on my pink weightlifting gloves on. Yeah, I’m badass.
- Oh god, I look like such a dork.
- Hey my butt looks pretty good in that mirror…
- Okay, I’m ready to go!
- Where are the 15 pound barbell plates?
- HA 45 pound barbell plates?
- Oh the huge stack of 45 pounds is blocking the small stack of 15 pounders…
- Boom. Squat like a beast.
- 45 pound bar plus 15 plus 15. Squatting 75? That’s not peanuts…
- 4 more sets of these? I can do this.
- I can’t do this.
- Let’s do this.
- I did it! I could do another set…
- On to the deadlifts. PHEW.
I will keep you posted on my progress! Thanks for stopping by!