I am overdue for a post, but I am not sorry because I have been making my workouts a priority!
I’ve successfully kept up my 5 day workouts for the past couple of weeks, and I am quite devoted. I even insisted on going to the gym after work on Valentine’s Day, so I could get my workout in. I just showered at the gym and went to dinner from there.
I’m done not making my health a priority. I deserve this and I know I can do it. I’m also practicing moderation with my diet. Letting myself enjoy certain things maybe once a week, but also keeping in mind to eat healthy a majority of the time.
I’ve been able to do about 2 days of strength training with at least 3 days of cardio. I think it’s really helping. My main exercises on strength is high bar squats and deadlifts, with various arm and core exercises. I am noticing steady weight loss and I can’t wait to see where I am in a few months!
Anyways, of course there are days when I just don’t want to work out. So what I do to avoid letting myself talk myself out of going to the gym is just driving to the gym right after work. I have to say it has been working. Once I’m there I just have to do it. Half the battle is taking away the decision making. I leave the house everyday with my gym bag in tow, and eliminate that effort needed to make a decision to either go or not go.
But it’s not to say I don’t struggle through my workouts some days. I literally have to take it minute by minute.
As I was doing a workout, I became aware of the type of thoughts I was having, and I thought it would be entertaining to write a post about it. So here are some of my thoughts from my workouts. I hope you find my struggle comedic. I did.
For a treadmill workout…
- Bitch took my treadmill.
- I guess this treadmill is fine… Not as close to the sanitary wipes but whatever…
- Okay, I get to walk for 5 minutes before I have to start running.
- Let’s get some Family Guy on the tv here…
- God this warm up is taking forever. How am I going to get through 40 minutes of this?
- Crap only 1 minute until I start running!
- Okay, here we go… it’s not too bad… Yeah, I can do this!
- Oh god I’m only 25 seconds in! I’m dying!
- Woo, I did it. Walk it off. Oh god only 40 seconds before I go again…
- OMG I have to go again.
- I am dying.
- Last minute of running! Push through it! Then it’s just cool down.
- COOL DOWN…
- I could go another 5 minutes…
- Yes, I did it! That wasn’t so bad. I could do another half hour…
- That’s right, I’m a runner y’all. Watch out!
- I don’t have to do this again until tomorrow.
- Thank. God.
For strength training…
- Let’s find an area away from the muscle heads…
- Ugh, it’s crowded. Don’t make eye contact. Don’t make eye contact.
- Pretend like you know what you’re doing.
- Of course you know what you’re doing!
- I don’t know what I’m doing.
- Yes! The high bar area just opened up!
- Let me put on my pink weightlifting gloves on. Yeah, I’m badass.
- Oh god, I look like such a dork.
- Hey my butt looks pretty good in that mirror…
- Okay, I’m ready to go!
- Where are the 15 pound barbell plates?
- HA 45 pound barbell plates?
- Oh the huge stack of 45 pounds is blocking the small stack of 15 pounders…
- Boom. Squat like a beast.
- 45 pound bar plus 15 plus 15. Squatting 75? That’s not peanuts…
- 4 more sets of these? I can do this.
- I can’t do this.
- Let’s do this.
- I did it! I could do another set…
- On to the deadlifts. PHEW.
I will keep you posted on my progress! Thanks for stopping by!
I weighed myself this morning and I am down another 2 lbs! I can’t believe it. I honestly didn’t think I’d lose anything this week; I had eaten a lot last weekend due to birthday celebrations. I still tried to stay away from high carbohydrate foods, but I did allow myself to cheat with some birthday cake and some chips and dip. Oh sweet taste of heaven.
But I guess it goes to show that you can still indulge without going overboard. I just need to learn some control or make modifications. I had some cravings, but I just kept thinking about my goal and was able to keep the monster at bay, for the most part. Then I made some keto cheesecake to satiate my sweet tooth.
Here are the 5 things I’ve noticed this week:
- Keto cheesecake is a great sugar fix when you need it. And it didn’t set me back! Aside from the indulgent birthday celebrations last weekend, I had a hankering for some cheesecake. My mom had also given me these delicious ripe mangos, so I decided to puree them up and add it to the cheese cream mix. I had read somewhere online that you can get your sugar fix by using sugar-free jello mix to make a no-bake cheesecake and it’s still keto-compliant. I knew the mangos would add some sugar and carbs, but oh well. I used almond flour and butter for the crust, and then mixed room temperature cream cheese with whipping cream, jello mix, and mangos. Then I put it in the fridge to set. It really hit the spot.
- FitBit challenges are awesome. How did I just discover this?! I’ve been in competition with one of my best friends, and it’s almost as if we’re hanging out. I also get very competitive so we’ve been fighting for first place for the most number of steps. It’s a lot of fun! I was even jogging in place in my office at work so I could catch up on the step count. Ha. Nobody saw me though. I think.
- I’m snoring less. Okay, this is super embarrassing, but if it gets a snort or laugh out of you, then I’m okay with it. I snore a lot. I’ve even snored myself awake a few times. My husband has caught me doing this. He laughs and I just go back to sleep. But sometimes my snoring gets so bad that he will sleep on the couch. I started this challenge a couple of weeks ago, and he hasn’t been to the couch once. Who knew a 5-10 lb weight loss would make such a difference? I thought snoring just ran in my family…
- I am definitely less tired. It’s little things I’ve noticed, like staying up a little later than usual and being more alert at work. I still wanted to take a nap today after work, though, but I think part of it was also mental fatigue.
- I will never love exercise. This pains me to say, but it’s true. I love the benefits of exercise and I want to be fit. But I admit, I will never love crazy high intensity exercise. I will do it. And I will be proud of myself if I do do it. But slow and steady is what is sustainable for me. I have to be honest with myself here. Otherwise, I’ll never be able to reach the healthy lifestyle I want. I just need to find the right one for me.
Kit Kat likes to run away with lettuce in her mouth and eat it.
Thanks for stopping by!
I’m still working on my nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Stay tuned!
It’s Wednesday! Hump day!
I still can’t believe it’s only Wednesday, but at least it’s not Monday.
Whenever I get into a slump, I like to look up things that inspire or motivate me, like quotes. I’ve compiled a list of 10 quotations for some needed inspiration to keep me going on my journey.
I’ve been in compliance with my diet for my health challenge, but when the novelty and excitement starts to wear off, I like to re-ignite it with some inspiring quotes. Hope you enjoy them, too!
I hope my weigh-in and measurements on Friday will give me some good news and even more motivation!
I know I’ve already used the last quote in a previous blog, but I just love it!
Hope you enjoy reading them as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by!