I weighed myself this morning and I am down another 2 lbs! I can’t believe it. I honestly didn’t think I’d lose anything this week; I had eaten a lot last weekend due to birthday celebrations. I still tried to stay away from high carbohydrate foods, but I did allow myself to cheat with some birthday cake and some chips and dip. Oh sweet taste of heaven.
But I guess it goes to show that you can still indulge without going overboard. I just need to learn some control or make modifications. I had some cravings, but I just kept thinking about my goal and was able to keep the monster at bay, for the most part. Then I made some keto cheesecake to satiate my sweet tooth.
Here are the 5 things I’ve noticed this week:
- Keto cheesecake is a great sugar fix when you need it. And it didn’t set me back! Aside from the indulgent birthday celebrations last weekend, I had a hankering for some cheesecake. My mom had also given me these delicious ripe mangos, so I decided to puree them up and add it to the cheese cream mix. I had read somewhere online that you can get your sugar fix by using sugar-free jello mix to make a no-bake cheesecake and it’s still keto-compliant. I knew the mangos would add some sugar and carbs, but oh well. I used almond flour and butter for the crust, and then mixed room temperature cream cheese with whipping cream, jello mix, and mangos. Then I put it in the fridge to set. It really hit the spot.
- FitBit challenges are awesome. How did I just discover this?! I’ve been in competition with one of my best friends, and it’s almost as if we’re hanging out. I also get very competitive so we’ve been fighting for first place for the most number of steps. It’s a lot of fun! I was even jogging in place in my office at work so I could catch up on the step count. Ha. Nobody saw me though. I think.
- I’m snoring less. Okay, this is super embarrassing, but if it gets a snort or laugh out of you, then I’m okay with it. I snore a lot. I’ve even snored myself awake a few times. My husband has caught me doing this. He laughs and I just go back to sleep. But sometimes my snoring gets so bad that he will sleep on the couch. I started this challenge a couple of weeks ago, and he hasn’t been to the couch once. Who knew a 5-10 lb weight loss would make such a difference? I thought snoring just ran in my family…
- I am definitely less tired. It’s little things I’ve noticed, like staying up a little later than usual and being more alert at work. I still wanted to take a nap today after work, though, but I think part of it was also mental fatigue.
- I will never love exercise. This pains me to say, but it’s true. I love the benefits of exercise and I want to be fit. But I admit, I will never love crazy high intensity exercise. I will do it. And I will be proud of myself if I do do it. But slow and steady is what is sustainable for me. I have to be honest with myself here. Otherwise, I’ll never be able to reach the healthy lifestyle I want. I just need to find the right one for me.
Kit Kat likes to run away with lettuce in her mouth and eat it.
Thanks for stopping by!
I’m still working on my nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Stay tuned!